THIS CLASS WILL BE HELD AT NASHVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT HEADQUARTERS (63 Hermitage Avenue).
YOU MUST HAVE A CURRENT BLS PROVIDER CARD TO TAKE THIS COURSE.
BLS Instructor Course
This course is for Metro Nashville Davidson County employees that wish to obtain their AHA BLS Instructor certification.
Pre-requisite: Must have a current Basic Life Support Provider certification
All steps must be successfully completed in order to receive instructor status.
Steps 1 - 4 must be completed prior to attending the instructor course.
You will not be allowed to attend the instructor course without items 1-4 completed.
1) Register on the AHA Instructor network website (https://ahainstructornetwork.americanheart.org/AHAECC/ecc.jsp?pid=ahaecc.signin&_requestid=470994)
- Click Register Now
- Fill out information, select BLS as your discipline, and request to align with Nashville Fire Academy
2) Complete the BLS Instructor Essentials online course
- Go to AHA eLearning website ( elearning.heart.org )
- Sign in (same credentials as AHA Instructor Network)
- Click Courses tab
- Go to Instructor Training
- Scroll down to "BLS Instructor Essentials"
- Click purchase and complete online course
- Keep a copy of completed certification
3) Send a copy of completed certification and current BLS provider card to Chad Tidwell ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
4) You must purchase the AHA 2020 BLS Instructor Manual (ISBN 978-1-61669-769-3) and have it with you in class
5) Attend a BLS Instructor Course covering the following items:
- Complete a skills evaluation
- Written BLS Provider test
- Instructor written test
- Instructor application
- Instructor agreement
- Enrollware orientation
6) Be successfully monitored by an AHA Training Center Faculty or Regional Faculty, teaching an AHA BLS CPR course
** Upon successful completion of all 6 steps, instructor status will be granted for a period of two years.**
**Please bring a mask to use at specific times during the course. Remember to maintain social distancing. Temperatures will be taken at the beginning and the end of the class.