THIS CLASS WILL BE HELD AT NASHVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT HEADQUARTERS (63 Hermitage Avenue).
YOU MUST HAVE A CURRENT BLS PROVIDER CARD TO TAKE THIS COURSE.
BLS for Healthcare Provider Instructor Course
This course is for Metro Nashville Davidson County employees that wish to obtain their AHA BLS Instructor certification.
Pre-requisite: Must have a current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider certification
All steps must be successfully completed in order to receive instructor status.
Steps 1 - 4 must be completed prior to attending the instructor course.
You will not be allowed to attend the instructor course without items 1-4 completed.
1) Register on the AHA Instructor network website (https://ahainstructornetwork.americanheart.org/AHAECC/ecc.jsp?pid=ahaecc.signin&_requestid=470994)
- "Not A Member" lower left of screen
- Register Now
- Fill out information and request to align with Nashville Fire Academy
2) Complete the BLS for Healthcare Provider Instructor Essentials online course
- Go to Online AHA website ( https://www.onlineaha.org/ )
- On-line course catalog at the top of the page
- Click Courses tab
- Go to Instructor Training
- Scroll down to "BLS Healthcare Provider Instructor Essentials"
- Add to cart, purchase and complete online course
- Keep a copy of completed certification
3) Send a copy of completed certification and current BLS provider card to Chad Tidwell ( email@example.com )
4) You must have the AHA BLS for Healthcare Provider Instructor Manual; these can be purchased from World Point.
5) Attend a BLS for Healthcare Provider Instructor Course where the following items will be covered:
- Complete a skills evaluation
- Written BLS Provider test
- Instructor written test
- Instructor application
- Instructor agreement
- Enrollware orientation
6) Be successfully monitored by an AHA Training Center Faculty or Regional Faculty, teaching an AHA BLS CPR course
** Upon successful completion of all 6 steps, instructor status will be granted for a period of two years.**
**Please bring a mask to use at specific times during the course. Remember to maintain social distancing. Temperatures will be taken at the beginning and the end of the class.