BLS for Healthcare Provider Instructor Course
This course is for Nashville Fire Department employees that wish to obtain their AHA BLS Instructor certification.
Pre-requisite: Must have a current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider certification
All steps must be successfully completed in order to receive instructor status.
Steps 1 - 4 must be completed prior to attending the instructor course.
You will not be allowed to attend the instructor course without items 1-4 completed.
1) Register on the AHA Instructor network website (https://ahainstructornetwork.americanheart.org/AHAECC/ecc.jsp?pid=ahaecc.signin&_requestid=470994)
- "Not A Member" lower left of screen
- Register Now
- Fill out information and request to align with Nashville Fire Academy
2) Complete the BLS for Healthcare Provider Instructor Essentials online course *** THIS IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE AND IS CURRENTLY NOT REQUIRED. HOWEVER, THE BLS INSTRUCTOR UPDATE COURSE WILL BE REQUIRED IN LIEU OF INSTRUCTOR ESSENTIALS. To complete the BLS Instructor Update, login to AHA Instructor Network, Click BLS in center of screen under "Guidelines Instructor Updates".
- Go to Online AHA website ( https://www.onlineaha.org/ )
- On-line course catalog at the top of the page
- Training & Education tab
- Scroll down to "BLS Healthcare Provider Instructor Essentials"
- Add to cart, purchase and complete online course
- Keep a copy of completed certification
3) Send a copy of completed certification to Lisa Weakley ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
4) You must have the AHA BLS for Healthcare Provider Instructor Manual. These can be purchased from one of the following AHA vendors.
- Channing Bete
- World Pointe
5) Attend a BLS for Healthcare Provider Instructor Course where the following items will be covered:
- Complete a skills evaluation
- Written BLS HCP test
- Instructor written test
- Instructor application
- Instructor agreement
- Enrollware orientation
6) Be successfully monitored by an AHA Training Center Faculty or Regional Faculty, teaching an AHA BLS CPR course
** Upon successful completion of all 6 steps, instructor status will be granted for a period of two years.**